Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Happens

I'm going to blame my lack of recent posts on several things.

First, my ghetto camera. Every time I go to use my camera to take a picture of something worthy of a blog post it doesn't work. I now have two ghetto cams, both with some kind of wire malfunction. The screen does not always work with this camera and I've been trying the method of shaking it to get it to work. Failure.

Second, spring time brings many things to do outside and blogging about them gets put on back burner. This afternoon I rushed home from work early so that I could get outside and plant the remainder of my potatoes. If you know anything about planting in Kansas this is definitely late to be planting potatoes, but due to my inaccurate planning my potato planting was delayed. I desperately needed to get them in the ground before this crazy storm that is presently traveling through dumped all the rain. So far I have in the ground: potatoes, cabbage (although 90% of them already died), onions, garlic, lettuce, spinach, carrots, beets, turnips, mustard greens, swiss chard, and three protected tomato plants.

Third, finally moving to town. I've been talking about it for about 6 months now and I finally got down to it, looked at a lot of really crappy places, some great nice places, and decided on an average two bedroom apartment in a 4-plex. I'm a little apprehensive about living by myself, but I think it will be good for me for a while and I'm excited to finally make my very own space.

Fabulous sunset I captured.
I think it looked like a genie coming out of the bottle of earth.

Watering my new herbs with water from the full rain barrel!


No comments:

Post a Comment