Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Blessed Day

Today I am reminded of the great faithfulness of God. I am so blessed and thought I would take a moment to share just a few of the moments this day has brought a reminder of God's faithfulness.

Barrett and I have been back to grinding the road of Hwy 40 in eastern Utah. We took several days off and I was blessed to be able to spend time with my beautiful cousins in Salt Lake City while B traveled back to KC for a wedding. As we awoke this morning I was blessed with the face of the most adorable 14 month old I know, Mr. Otto Lindahl. There is just something so great about a little one in Monkey pajamas with a big smile on his face that makes life so great! We enjoyed a fabulous breakfast with the family and then hit the road east to where we left off last week, near Roosevelt, UT. The drive was beautiful through the mountains watching the trees change colors and catching the sun glare off the many gorgeous lakes. So lovely. It's really great to realize that not all of the trees change colors at the same time. It's a perfectly orchestrated transition of trees over a period of time so that we can enjoy the beauty for a season and not all at the same time. Have you ever thought about that reality? Perfectly orchestrated creation.
Our trip has been quite adventurous in nature as some days we literally don't know where we will be staying for the night. Every day has resulted with something a little different but it is always interesting to see how things work out. Today as we traveled through several small towns the tactic was to simply stop, knock on church doors and ask for a place to stay. We stopped at one particular church and were blessed with accomodations for a couple nights later in the week. Seriously, such a blessing.

After I dropped off Barrett to start the walking for today I ventured back to this town of Roosevelt to explore. I managed to walk into a small open veggie/fruit market and had a lovely chat with the lady working there, Rachael. She was very encouraging to me as I told her about the trip. She said that although she did not have a place for us to stay she was willing to give and sent me on with a bag of fruit and a dozen farm fresh eggs. Once again, God continues to bless this journey as we set out on the adventure that He calls us to.
Lamentation 3: 22-23 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.






No comments:

Post a Comment