Monday, June 21, 2010

Well now

Well now, it's been quite a while since my last post. Crazy how time flies when we're having fun. We obviously made it back from Colorado and I have been spending my time baking away dozens of cookies in the bake lab. As the distributors of cookies for the College of Agriculture enrollment days this month has been crazy with those little newbies coming in to plan their next life paths at KSU. My friend Kelsey and I have been enjoying our moments together laughing about life and our confusion as to what the heck we really are doing with it. Great bonding in the bake lab as always.

My garden has been blessed by the rain gods the past couple of weeks. I haven't really had to water more than a couple of times it seems this entire month. Although all the local farmers are going crazy with all the rain, I have been happy to nurture my plants with the stuff that falls from the sky. Natural rain is so great, saves me time and much energy. The tomatoes have finally blossomed some baby fruit. I've already harvested about 20 cucumbers. Last week I was so delighted to have roasted root vegetable with my very own potatoes, turnips, and beets. I'm not so sure my dinner guests were as excited about it as I was, but slowly but surely I will convince all my closest networks of the greatness of farm fresh local food.

Recently, I've found a few new blogs worth checking out.
A really great one featuring local food: http://www.amycotler.com/
And one vegetarian athlete- this one is definitely kinda inspiring as I've been trying my feet at running: http://www.nomeatathlete.com/ Tonight I decided that I actually have a need for new running shoes. It's definitely exciting to realize that I have actually worn down a pair of running shoes by running in them. I know it seems crazy, get athletic shoes and exercise in them, but somehow I've been doing it. Yeah, there is a God who gives me strength!

1 comment:

  1. www.vibramfivefingers.com I have a pair. they will change your life.

    ReplyDelete