Sunday, April 3, 2011

Burger Delight

I had a recent success in the creation of my very own veggie burger. It was definitely inspired by the random contents of the fridge and a new blog find.

The contents:

  • Mung beans- these are tiny little green beans 
  • Quinoa- a fabulous complete protein File:Red quinoa.png
  • Carrot
  • Green onion
  • Oatmeal, I used some prepared and some dry
  • Egg
  • Curry powder
  • Salt & Pepper
I pureed all together in a food processor and then added additional oats until it was the consistency I wanted. Mushy but not too mushy. Then I slapped into the handy non-stick skillet and cooked on each side until crispy. Place between a toasted whole wheat bun, add some pesto, cheese, sprouts and lettuce and you have my fabulous burger delight!


On a most delightful day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is great! I have been wanting to make my own veggie burgers but I didn't know where to start! I will be trying this soon!!

    ReplyDelete