Monday, August 27, 2012

Veggie Creations

Roasted Squash & Sausage Soup
  • Butternut squash
  • Acorn squash
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Broth
  • Sausage
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Olive Oil
For this delightful soup creation I decided to roast all my veggies prior to blending. I peeled and chopped my squash along with the onion and garlic and roasted them with olive oil in a 400 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes. I then put them into a blender and blended with some homemade beef stock. Alternately, if you prefer to keep them chunky, just add the stock or broth and do not blend up. I added some cooked sausage, salt & pepper for a super simple delightful soup. This soup is lovely just as is or grate a bit of Parmesan cheese on top.
 




Baked Kale Chips
  • Fresh Kale
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Olive Oil
  • Sea Salt

Strip your kale leaves from the stalks and chop or tear into pieces. Sprinkle with vinegar, oil, and salt and allow to sit for about 30 minutes. Put onto a sheet pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes. Watch closely until they are crispy. Enjoy a most delightful snack.



No comments:

Post a Comment