Monday, August 20, 2012

Beauty in a Bowl

Today's garden produce found its shape in a lovely gazpacho inspired salad. I was about to make gazpacho but decided that a blended soup is not always as visually appealing. Therefore, I kept the veggies in their chopped form and simply kept it as a salad. All of the veggies featured in my dish today were straight from my garden. I'm so thankful for freshness, nutrition, color, beauty, and tastiness found in my home-grown veggies.

  • 2 large heirloom tomatoes
  • 1 large red sweet bell pepper
  • 1 large cucumber, peeled
  • 1 extra small yellow onion
  • handful of purple basil
  • sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper
  • generous spoonful of sheep's milk feta cheese
  • several nice splashes of balsamic vinegar
  • several nice splashes of olive oil
Isn't it beautiful?
I also added some garbanzo beans for a little added protein.




No comments:

Post a Comment