Sunday, October 30, 2011

Supper Club

I hosted my first Supper Club gathering this week. It was a lot of fun and a really great way to join with other lovely single ladies for a delightful dinner. I decided that a supper club would be a great way to cook great food and enjoy it with others so I invited several ladies that I know enjoy great food and would enjoy meeting some new people.

We enjoyed a lovely fall minestrone. Courtesy of Alice Waters, The Art of Simple Food.

Sauteed onions, celery, carrots, garlic
Swiss Chard fresh from the garden

Added butternut squash, water and simmered

White Northern beans & pasta

Grand Finale!

3 comments:

  1. looks delicious!
    i know someone who enjoyed it very much:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that 1 cup of Swiss Chard has 313mg sodium? I was amazed when I read this recently. 1 cup of Beet greens is 86mg. 1 cup of kale is 29mg. 1 cup eggplant is 237mg. 1 cup of watercress is 14mg. 1 cup of raw spinach is 24mg. So guess I won't bother with chard so much, unless it's with other ingredients that are nil. Your mix up sure looks yummy!! csl

    ReplyDelete