Monday, November 2, 2009

Spitting

Today was an interesting one. I mentioned earlier that I had this preconceived idea of llamas as nasty animals that spit. So maybe they are good gaurd animals, but they spit. My time spent here at Butternut farms with the three llamas has been breaking my bad image of llamas......until today. Kyle spit at me, twice. The first time I wasn't expecting it and barely ducked away. The second time I screamed and left the scene. You'd think I was afraid of the animal, I'm not afraid of the animal, I'm afraid of the nasty gurgling in the throat, the turning of the head and neck toward me, and the regurgitated hay spit at me. That's nasty. I survived the scene, but don't count on me to try and get the animal to move again. Kyle does not like to leave his hay feeding area. Not on my time schedule.

It's been almost a week since I connected to this modern technology we call the internet. Amazingly enough I haven't even missed the connection to the world wide web. As I checked my email today and did my random facebook check-up I haven't missed much. It was a super blessing to see pictures of my adopted niece and nephew, Winnie and Liam. I got to talk to Liam this weekend on his 2nd birthday and that definitely made my day. But other than those few connections to the outside world, I've found much joy in the quiet and calm serenity of not being so connected. I do feel at times like I live in a cave, but I'm enjoying it. I am working on creating a video of the petting zoo here, so wait for my attempt at that technology.

The leaves are all nearly gone here in Ohio and I'm excited to venture to Philadelphia this weekend. God continues to bless my time and I hope and pray you all are feeling his presence as creation transitions to chilly days!

1 comment:

  1. lol, I think it was our 6th grade class who visited the Manhattan zoo one time and Susie Irvine was the recipient of Llama spit. Oh it was nasty. Some things you just don't forget.

    Enjoy Philly.

    Hugs,

    Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete