Sunday, December 13, 2009

Neighborhood Gathering!



We had a really good time tonight. I think that Lynette had the most fun, at least judging by her facial expression. Or is it because her grandson is perhaps tickling her behind the knee or maybe trying to hide under the couch? But really we had a wonderful 1st Annual Lindahl Neighborhood Christmas Gathering. I'm really glad that I forced my parents into hosting the event. I'm super proud of all the neighbors for getting out of their warm houses on this snowy December evening to commune with others. It really made my heart smile to hear the older generations remark how glad they were to see other neighbors that they hadn't seen in 10 years. And we all within about 3 miles. I don't think the issue is we don't want to get together, but indeed life has gotten completely out of control busy we don't have time to sit down, share words and eat some food together. Tonight I'm once again thankful that the Lord has blessed me with a super family, a wonderful homestead to live on, a great rural neighborhood, and time to put together a neighborhood gathering. Everyday I gain a little better picture of what a true blessing it is to have time to do such things as plan parties and help my father cross things off his list.

I am reminded of Hebrews 10:24-25 -- And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching.


The Day is approaching my friends. Are you meeting together?

3 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I noticed the christmas-pyramid on the table, is this still the one I gave you?!!

    The bread looks just like the one we use to eat in Germany!! I just remembered that a few days ago I baked banana-bread - remember how I loved it??!!!

    I wrote you an email today and I am looking forward to an answer ;)

    Love and hugs and kisses from Germany

    julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to ask if you found the old guest book? Your Dad mentioned it to me and I suggested he look in the drawer in the hallway.

    Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did not find the guest book from Grandma. However, we did get a new one. Come one, come all, visit the Lindahls and sign our guestbook!

    ReplyDelete