Friday, February 5, 2010

Why does life have to be a marathon?

Wow. I've been the Bakery Lab Manager for five whole weeks now and I'm about to make one of those comments I feel like I say often and after everytime I say it I vow to never again say, "It's crazy how time flies." But it's true. Although I only work four days a week, Monday through Thursday, I definitely feel like for those days I manage to accomplish only bakery lab duties. When I get home at the end of the day, with all the greatest intentions of accomplishing great things, my routine has all too often resulted in eating, doing some mindless activity for about an hour and then going to sleep. Yes, my bedtime is about 9:00pm. I think last week I had lights out at 8:30. Lame I know, but man sweeping up those mouse droppings, scrubbing out those metal bowls, and eating all that Apple Brown Betty really tires out this little puppy. Let's just say it's a really good thing that I have added the fairly regular exercise back into my schedule because my job is definitely a hazard to my health. There is a reason why my advisor, aka, the head baker man, remains skinny, despite making some mean baked products. He is a marathon runner, not just your average 30something mile marathon, but 100 mile marathon runner. I think he might have gotten me convinced to train for a half marathon. There's not much convincing to do, I really need to take up running so I can eat more. More to come on that when I'm ready to make a serious committment.

No comments:

Post a Comment