Sunday, April 4, 2010

Thank God for Spring!

Spring has definitely arrived and I have been so excited to spend all extra moments of the day outside. There is nothing quite like the green grass shooting up in the yard, the wheat fields come out of dormancy and turn bright green, the fruit trees that are now in bloom giving promises of an abundant fruit harvest, baby chicks growing like weeds, turning of soil in the garden for planting, overflow of ladybugs, and daffodils bright yellow and cheery. New life is so amazing and beautiful to experience and if I didn't know any better I would think that somebody had a master plan when giving us this season of new growth and life right after the season of cold and darkness.

What an amazing way to celebrate Spring time today and new life with Resurrection Day. How lucky are we to celebrate Easter in the Spring time, the day Christ offered us all a new life in Him? It's not about the bunnies and pastel colors, although they had a nice touch, it's about our Savior coming out of the tomb and giving us the opportunity to celebrate an eternity of spring time and new life.

I mentioned baby chicks because we do have two week old chicks on the farm now. We are still in the construction phase of the chicken coop and the urgency for a complete chicken coop is definitely here. I think they may last maybe another two weeks before they start flying out of the stock tank they are currently in and roosting on my car in the garage. They are quite exciting for us all. The garden area is also well under way and I have several seeds started in the greenhouse at school to be planted soon. I made a really great flip chart diagram of the garden space plan and I have already out planted the space alloted for potatoes. So, we'll see how it continues to go. I'm imagining the need for an extension of the garden and quite possible a great abundance of fresh veggies this summer. Definitely exciting!

I'm hoping to keep up with my blog this summer and give great details of happenings out here as I discover creation, experience new life, and grow much!

No comments:

Post a Comment