Thursday, October 14, 2010

Detail

Have I mentioned how much I adore Autumn? For some reason I have found such great joy in the season this year. Last year I was off traveling during the Autumn season and didn't get to enjoy all the beauty that Kansas demonstrates. I have been trying to take more moments to enjoy the beauty and record them. The colors of the trees haven't changed much yet right here, but on campus in Manhattan I have noticed several trees that are in so many different colors it is simply amazing. I love this picture of a stray leaf caught in the mum.


As I was trying to capture the beauty of the bright red berries among the changing leaves, I noticed the nasty squash bug. As I took several pictures trying to get just the right angle I actually witnessed the squash bug pooping. Crazy.



Love my old, super slow, matted haired, but fierce barking Lucky Dog. 

God is good, his blessings are around us everyday if we simply take the time to stop and notice them. This afternoon I sat in the sunshine and soaked up the greatness of Vitamin D and warmth after a long morning of staring at a computer screen. The weather this week has been amazing and I am actually looking forward to spending tomorrow evening outside at a high school football game. Nothing says fall like high school football, popcorn, and a blanket.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my site last week for five-senses Friday!

    I used to love visiting my Kansas farm boy cousins when I was little. I've enjoyed seeing another glimpse of that life here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the beauty that is Autumn in Kansas. I realized the other day I haven't had a proper Autumn season since 2008. After two years in awful Texas, and now being at sea, I miss the colors, sights, smells of fall. I'm living vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete