Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hello Fabulous Fall Morning!

It is a fabulous day to be alive! I have several reasons to be thankful and filled with joy today.
  • I woke up today and was able to get out of bed, thankful for another day God has blessed me with life!
  • This morning when I exited the house for my run I was wearing pants, a long sleeve shirt and a t-shirt. It was probably about 42 degrees and I was cold! Soon enough my body heat made it perfect. I did spend the entire run doing the classic farmer's blow and this always makes me joyful of my heritage. Yah for the finally feeling like it's fall.
  • It's not technically fall until next Friday, but I'm pumped!
  • While running this morning, I actually completed the entire workout as assigned! 6 miles + 4 x 2:00 aerobic intervals + 6 gradual progressions. I survived.
  • The sun started to rise and the sky was a gorgeous pink and purple color! Another reward for the an early riser!
  • Because it's finally cool outside, I busted out the leggings! I love wearing leggings and skirts!
  • This morning I decided to just go all out and blow dry my hair. I know this may sound simple to many people but I never blow dry my hair during the summer because I start sweating during the process. That and I'm usually just too lazy. This morning the heat actually felt very good and my hair is not quite so crazy today. Yah!
  •  I also had a great bowl of oatmeal this morning complete with banana, peanut butter, milk, and crunchy kashi cereal on top.
  • Praise the Lord, it's going to be a great day!

4 comments:

  1. sweet, farmer's blow:)
    fall is indeed in the air. sounds like the start to a great day. i should take some tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah for cooler running weather! You would farmer's blow...I also have been eating epic bowls of oatmeal for breakfast lately. Divine. I love you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have changed my oatmeal recipe as follows.
    7 servings old fashioned oats, no salt, when cooked, add 7 microwaved and mashed bananas with 21 shakes of the cinnamon bottle. Before reheating a dish during the week, instead of adding a little water, I tried adding some soy milk and then reheated. Really hit the spot!! Aunt Carol :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. 21 shakes of the cinnamon bottle eh? Thought about just using a spoon?

    ReplyDelete