Friday, April 20, 2012

Goodness

It has been a whirlwind of activity since my return. I have been loving the fabulous weather to spend outside and have definitely been spending every last moment of sunlight out in one of my several garden spots. We have a real official community garden and it is so great!!!!! It just seems that the warm weather is ready for everything to be in the ground already so I am definitely trying to get it in. Praise the Lord for my first real lettuce and nasturtium harvest today that resulted in one epic salad! 
My epic salad contained lettuce, sprouts, avocado, goat feta, fresh beat salad, toasted sunflower seeds, and nasturtium flowers. It was quite delightful. I made the beet salad by grating beets and adding a juiced orange plus zest, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt. So fresh and fabulous. I'm totally not a beer drinker but the Shock Top that made it's way into my freezer was darn good as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment