Monday, April 9, 2012

Got Lettuce?

Let me tell you about one of the most interesting discoveries I encountered while in Atlanta. PodPonics. I know that somewhere in my past I was introduced to this concept of growing plants and specifically lettuce hydroponically inside shipping containers. Little did I know that one day I would have the experience of a live after-hours tour by the man that designed and built the pods himself. Definitely blessed to stay with a friend of Barrett's in Atlanta that plays a daily role in seeing this amazing fresh lettuce come to the table in many restaurants across the city. It really is a fabulous site to see and has so much potential! Really, food could be growing daily, year-round, in controlled environments across the country inside shipping containers. Seriously people, let's just get a little creative and stop making excuses for why we don't have enough fresh real food.




No comments:

Post a Comment