Monday, May 2, 2011

Goat Drama

The past several days have been a whirlwind. As I think about all that I have been attempting to accomplish it is quite overwhelming. Hauling furniture, continuing to work on projects for my new home, house/dog sitting for my parents while they're in Portland, planting a garden, and preparing another garden space have all been on my brain's to-do list.

Tonight as I was outside being a pyro burning a brush pile while sanding and spray painting my new bed headboard and frame I kept hearing this annoying goat. The goat kept bellowing loudly and in between bellows was breathing all funny like it was gasping for breath. By the time I actually realized something was probably wrong and went over to see what was going on it was dark. So here I am out wandering around in the dark with a flashlight and realize that this goat has wire wrapped around her neck and leg while her punk pen mates are butting her like she wants to play. Goats are so dumb, seriously. Luckily it wasn't as bad as it could have been and I was able to pry the wire off her neck without needing to get wire cutters and she was freed. This wire issue has been the ridiculous project of my father in attempt to get them used to electric fence. It has obviously not worked.

Tonight I decided it's time for these goats to go. My father certainly does not have time for them and they are long past due to move along. I can't handle goat drama anymore nor do I want to do any more life saving attempts in the dark. I just might have to charge more for this house/dog/goat sitting business and I better be getting a really good present from Portland when they return.

1 comment:

  1. Goat Drama at the L Farm?!?! Not AGAIN! You know what you could do with those goats? Send them to S Farm where little brother Jesse still lives. We could have another Heidi/Houdini situation! LOL!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete