Monday, July 11, 2011

Gorgeous Garlic

I successfully produced my first crop of garlic! It is going to be an amazing year with my garlic that I toiled to plant last fall and watch grow over this spring and summer. I did manage to learn a few important things, but overall I would call it a success!



I managed to leave them in the ground too long. I was thinking about two weeks ago they were probably ready, but then I never took the time to actually pull them. I thought they would be fine underneath all that mulch but even so they decide to split open when left in the ground too long. Note taken. 


I'm pretty proud of that giant beast right there. I had several that were super small also so I'm not sure if that's because of the varying sized cloves that I planted or location or what. Simple gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment