Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Surprise!

I came home from the retreat this weekend and Surprise! there are five new chickens in our coop. Mom and Dad went to the Clay Center small animal and poultry auction. I think they had a lot of fun checking out all those birds. This brings our chicken total back up to seven! This weekend we have plans to dig the holes for chicken fencing. For real fence is a must so that we can let the ladies out to forage. I am still waiting for those bright orange yolks that indicate amazing quality and nutrition found only from lucky birds that forage the grass and eat bugs daily.

I also managed to concoct some beautiful dinner last night. Thanks to Dad for suggesting I take a picture now I can show you what's been cooking up lately around here. We are still gathering tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants from the garden so a combination of all those are found on our plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment