Wednesday, January 26, 2011

blessed

I am so very blessed. Blessed with fabulous friends and for that I am thankful. Today I had the amazing opportunity to hang out with my dear old high school friend, Jamie. She is leaving for South America in a few short weeks so I was really glad that we got the chance to hang out. Jamie and I share many life interests, among them food and chocolate, today we tackled both. We managed to concoct some crazy, ridiculous, heart attack in a pot, potato soup. To go along with some weird cheese bread twists, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate truffles. 

I also was blessed to spend time with another dear newer friend, Ryan. He is one of the coolest kids around because he willingly came out on a cold winter evening to teach me how to change my oil. We got under the car together and did you know what......changed the oil! It's actually super easy after you pry off the filter. The scariest part was driving my car up this make-shift ramp we created out of boards. It worked well! Now hopefully I can remember all that wisdom Ryan just gave me the next time I need an oil change. 

Thank you Lord, for blessing me with fabulous people in my life. I am so blessed to have old and new friends that choose to spend time with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment