Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day!

Recently as I was looking back through my blog posts I noticed that a lot, probably the majority of my titles end in an exclamation point. I thought, "Really, am I that excited all the time?" Well this time the excitement is definitely necessary because we got the first real snow storm of the year and it finally feels like winter in Kansas. After I spent all day in the bake lab on Sunday I drove home to the beginning of the the snow fall. When I woke up Monday morning there was a fabulous blanket of snow and it kept coming. I think we have maybe 6 inches of snow out there? Anyway, Monday was a fabulous snow day and I had the amazing opportunity to enjoy it. I whipped out the camera and attempted to figure out features on the thing. Note to self, consider reading the manual and learning more about cameras. Anyway I hope you enjoy my experience of the first great snow day of the year!


The magical outdoor furnace that keeps us warm!







To finish off every great snow day one needs a giant pot of hearty soup! Take that single digits. I have soybean, green split pea, ham, onion, tomato, bell pepper, nutrient rich goodness!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love snow days. We got pummeled with snow Tuesday and I kepy checking the cancellations that morning. Then I remembered that work doesn't get cancelled. Oh jobs.

    ReplyDelete