Saturday, August 20, 2011

Local food wedding

I have so much blogging to catch up on. I've been on such a whirlwind of fabulous vacation retreats that were filled with great things to blog about, but I simply have not had time to discuss the details. Here's goes several blog posts to hopefully catch you all up with my recent adventures.....

The beginning of the month I spent several days in Battle Creek, Michigan visiting my dear friends and taking part in their wedding. Trent and Ruthie Thompson run Green Gardens Community Farm, and they have a fabulous farm that they toil on from sun up to sun down and later! I greatly respect and admire their efforts to produce amazing produce for people to enjoy in their area. They literally work their butts off to grow fabulous healthy, organic produce for their customers. I was not only able to take part in the daily activities of running a market garden but was able to take part in the amazing food that was served at their wedding. Talk about eating local, the food we dined on at their wedding was nearly all directly from the farm. 


Gorgeous tomatoes



Fresh corn cut off the cob and cooked! Mmmm.

Really poor picture, but fresh potato salad. 

Cucumber salad with onions.

Fresh cabbage slaw with raisins and sunflower seeds. 

A whole lot of kabobs. Fresh veggies from the farm.

My plate. It was all so good! 

Farmers' get away!


 I've always thought it would be amazing to get married on my family farm out here in the middle of nowhere. Recently, I've also put into that dream an all local food meal. This wedding was seriously the epitome of what I would picture my wedding including: fabulous love story, beautiful scenery on the farm, and amazing local food to dine on! What a beautiful blessing.




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have photos of the food!! I love the dusk photo. And your story tells it well! Someday, it will be your story too!!

    ReplyDelete