Monday, May 10, 2010

The Thunder Rolls

Just in time to water my garden. Praise the Lord my parents and I spent the entire day outside on Saturday working to get every last empty space in the garden filled with something promising a bounty harvest. I believe we have about 75 pepper plants in the ground. They vary from a standard California Wonder Pepper, a mini yellow bell pepper, purple beauty, and chili peppers. I'm just hoping that we don't have another experience like two years ago when the plants got large and beautiful but no fruit came. We also planted two long rows of tomatoes, probably about 30 plants. That leaves around 80 more that are still sitting out there in their flats waiting for me to find another place to put them. We planted nine plants in the side yard, as in right outside the back door. They shall be quick and convenient for my snatching up for a meal. We also put in five squash hills, okra, and more rainbow chard. I have more squash seeds to plant another acre I think, but that might have to do. I'm thinking about planting them at the base of fruit trees. Something I read recently recommended that, anyone?

So life in the planting mode has come to a big of a slow down. Until these crazy storms go away, I can plant no more. Another exciting bit of information: the chickens came out this weekend and all went back in the coop at the end of the day. Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment