Monday, March 7, 2011

Colorful Slaw

This weekend we were able to lay our hands on some fabulous WheatFields bread without even driving to Lawrence, Kansas. I was super pumped to learn that there was going to be a delivery in Manhattan on Saturday, the day I planned to go to town anyway. Double bonus. We came home with three loaves. One for the neighbors and two loaves for me, I mean the three of us. Tonight, I was pretty excited to make portabella mushroom sandwiches on our multi-grain bread. To go along with the portabella mushroom, asiago cheese, artichoke heart, pesto sandwich melts I made a lovely colorful slaw.















Colorful slaw vegetables:
  • Green cabbage
  • Green broccoli
  • Yellow bell pepper
  • Orange carrots
Random slaw dressing:
  • Red wine vinegar
  • Plain yogurt
  • Olive oil
  • Dijon mustard
  • Sugar, just a pinch
  • Salt, just a dash
  • Pepper

2 comments:

  1. This look delicious! I saw your blog on the eatright.org blogroll. I love it- especially your Christian references! Follow my blog over at eatdrinkbewell.blogspot.com:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rainie! I was super excited to see the blogroll for NNM, I love reading other like-minded people's thoughts on food and life.

    ReplyDelete