Friday, March 4, 2011

National Nutrition Month

March is National Nutrition Month and since I am once again directly involved in the fight to educate others about nutrition I think it is a fabulous time to publicize this event. The theme for this month's campaign is "Eat Right with Color," and I hope to include several posts of colorful meal options. Actually if you check out my recent post, that would be a fabulous starting example of eating a plate full of color.

As a nutrition educator it is not my job to tell people what to eat, but my job to inform others and encourage others to make healthy lifestyle choices. This includes making diverse food choices and including regular exercise. Although I do struggle with this task myself, I am continually reminded that every day is a new day and we are given opportunities constantly to make healthy choices for our future.

Check out the National Nutrition Month website: http://www.eatright.org/nnm/
Stay tuned for more posts on this extremely important topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment