Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Temple

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
I Corinthians 6:19-20

I've always loved this scripture passage and this morning as I read it in its context where Paul is scolding the Corinthians for their sexual immorality I am reminded of its goodness. Not only are we to flee from sexual immorality that is a sin, but I need to be reminded that everything I put into my body and do to my body is a reflection of my image of God. My body is a temple, bought at a price, that I have been given to honor. 

I praise God for the health that I have in my body. The ability to exercise freely without pain and do my part to keep it functioning properly. I pray that I may honor my body in what I put into it, remembering it as a temple of the Holy Spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment