Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Adventures

Yesterday I ventured to Manhattan for the annual meeting of People's Grocery. I am an owner of this small cooperative and although I don't get to shop there very often I always spend my moneys worth when I do. The meeting was interesting as it was my first time at such a thing. I even got to bust out some parliamentary procedure skills so we could unanimously elect a board member. We were about to pass out 50 ballots and write the one person that volunteered to serve on it. Thank you FFA/4-H for those basic meeting efficiency skills. I was very excited to meet some new people and share a little bit about myself. I've been listening to lecture after lecture about how to start random conversations with people about my health coaching training. I was able to have a great conversation with a lovely lady that was super interested and also works at the store so I'm hoping to have opened a door there. It's all about networking and marketing!

I ventured to the store after the meeting with a list of random things that I have been meaning to purchase and try. I've been reading a lot of different blogs about the paleolithic lifestyle recently and wanted to try some different recipes that involve coconut flour and/or oil. So I managed to find both of those along with some ingredients to make homemade toothpaste! 

One of my new foods that I picked up in Manhattan includes: Kefir! It's almost like a liquid yogurt packed full of probiotics and healthy gut bacteria. I thought I could drink it straight but realized that may take some getting used to. My breakfast smoothie was fabulous made with: Kefir, pears, cranberries, hemp protein powder, and flax seed.



No comments:

Post a Comment