Sunday, January 22, 2012

Paleo Pumpkin Bread

I found this great recipe that I wanted to try: Paleo Pumpkin Bread. I was a little apprehensive because I haven't had good luck with creating bread like substances using almond flour and no flour involving gluten. But this was amazing. I used the great Vita-Mix to create a blend of almond and hazelnut flour, but I'm sure it would work just fine in any food processor. Then I blended up the eggs with honey and pumpkin. Combine the two with spices and voila! into the mini loaf pan and bake. I used a loaf pan a little bit bigger than she suggests so my loaf was not nearly as tall as the picture on her site, but it still was a great success for me!


Yummy! I haven't actually put butter on a slice of bread in ages!
This recipe is so good and healthy and life giving. Seriously, there is no gluten involved, lots of good protein from the almond flour and three eggs involved. It also has virtually no added sugar except for the small amount of honey and the natural sugars found in pumpkin. It involves all things natural and real which is definitely difficult to find in gluten free baked products. So good!

1 comment: