Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Celebrating Life

I am so blessed. There is simply nothing like a couple of great birthday celebrations to make a girl feel super special and blessed. Seriously, I can only thank God for the amazing people in my life that I get to share this journey with. It's so exciting to see how God has worked and brought me to where I am right now, the people that I've been blessed to know in the past and then think about all the great relationships that I get to continue into the future. Life is so short and if I'm allowed another great birthday in this world I only hope that I can bless others as much as I have been blessed. Thank You Jesus!

My mom brought me this giant balloon yesterday. It's quite ridiculous and amazing. We had dinner at my house and I made some really great loaded sweet potato soup. The recipe can be found at one of my most recent favorite blogs, here. I used a great combo of grass-fed beef sausage with sweet potatoes and acorn squash. It was fabulous with the added coconut milk and bacon on top. 




Mom even made my requested gluten-free carrot cake cupcakes. Although they weren't quite as good as the amazing carrot cake that my former boss/advisor/mentor made for me in the bake lab, I'm thinking they're awesome in a whole new way. First of all, gluten free, made with almond flour and a ton less sugar is involved in the making of these cupcakes. They're fabulous! Recipe for those can be found here.

All in all, great day. Much thanks to the ladies I work with for the great birthday lunch and my parents and friends for the great birthday dinner. Much more thanksgiving to Jesus for all my blessings!

1 comment:

  1. So I have this crazy awesome friend here that you should definitely, definitely meet. I think you would love her. Anyway, for her birthday, I convinced our mutual friend to make her a garbanzo bean chocolate cake....apparently it went over really well. I love finding GF baked good recipes! Sounds like your carrot cake recipe would be delish!

    ReplyDelete