We had a regular feast. I must admit that I failed to take any picture because I was so excited about eating that I completely forgot to record the moment. A quick recap of our dining delights: All things homemade...
- Some amazing vegetable crudites and roasted red pepper dip
- Cream cheese/feta cheese dip and crackers
- Salmon burgers
- Hemp/Tofu burgers
- Fresh multigrain buns
- Grilled new potatoes
- Grilled summer squash
- Fresh from the 92 year old neighbor tomatoes
- Corn, blueberry, cucumber salad
- Potato salad
- Fresh greens salad
- Bread & Butter pickles
- Amazing macadamia nut/white chocolate chip cookies
- Ice cream with fresh fruit on top (combine berries galore, pour some balsamic vinegar on top, let sit for at least 20 minutes, and enjoy an amazing creation)
Today, I took a trip to KC with Dave and Wendi to visit the City Market. I always love that place and although I was bummed that Shatto dairy was not there, I got some other goodies. We also proceeded to dine at Bluebird Bistro, a definite favorite of mine in KC! The drive home also included a stop at Wheatfields in Lawrence for tea and bread time.
Wow. Life is kinda exhausting when you're having such a great time. I think tomorrow I'll get up and run that Rocket Run 5K in Abilene to work off all the dining I've been partaking in. To bed for now.