Friday, March 9, 2012

Gator Country

I have officially sported the Gator gear. Got my first bright orange Florida Gators shirt and proudly sported it as I wandered down the road. These people are serious about their Gators around here.
I've been sleeping in a fabulous orange and blue room.

Love me some gators! Even a gator chopping block!

 It was a fabulous day to walk and the sun was sure shining. I got my first sunburn yesterday nice and farmers tan style. The azaleas are in full bloom and have been gorgeous to see. It's always so fun to visit different parts of the country and see landscapes. I've been impressed with the pine tree forests around here and the perfectly spaced pulp trees. I guess I didn't realize there were so many farmed forests here. Another interesting observation has been the Spanish moss that grows on almost every tree. It's crazy! I thought that it was a form of dead foliage but it's alive and growing and is everywhere. The trees look ready for Halloween in my opinion. Funny.

A typical cracker style house with gorgeous flowering bushes
and Spanish moss on the trees. 

Gorgeous bottle brush tree!



No comments:

Post a Comment