Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Trees

God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars. -Martin Luther












It's not every day that I see palm trees and pine trees so friendly and close. It's a whole new world down here. The trees have been so spectacular to observe as I'm finally learning to identify them. I think my favorite have been the giant Live Oak trees with their giant spanning branches that seem to open up and cover everything. The Spanish moss hangs down creating a droopy blanket effect that shades the ground even without large summer foliage yet on the tree. The pine trees reach up so high toward the heavens I can only imagine the sound the cones make when falling to the ground. It's good.

- Grace and peace to you

No comments:

Post a Comment